Bonjour my friends, Today’s post is a rather sad one… About 2 weeks ago me and my significant other (MR) have decided to go our separate ways in life. This decision was not easy to make and was rather made … Continue reading
Hello everyone! I really hoped you enjoyed my last post about the gold-rimmed terracotta planter DIY. You can find that here if you haven’t gotten to view it yet.
This DIY builds upon the gold-rimmed terracotta planter I mentioned above.
For those of you who cannot find or do not have the brown terracotta pots where you are, this is a fix for that not so pleasant orangey terracotta color. Combining two really chic trends right now: gold rim and color blocking!
This DIY can also be used on other planters that you find plain, boring, or ugly.
Color Blocked Terracotta Planter
What you need:
– Terracotta Planter
– Acrylic Paint
– Sealer (optional)
1. Prep your pot by washing and drying it.
2. Prep your work area to prevent paint from getting on anything of value.
3. Paint you planter! I started with the larger end and then did the rim last.
4. Seal and protect. (optional) Remember to do this part outside or in a well ventilated area.
This is what you should have!
I am super happy with how this turned out! At first I though this was going to be a bust, but once it was done it grew on me and now it is honestly one of my favorite and most simple DIY’s!
This is wonderful to turn an ugly or plain planter into something stylish and chic that you will want to look at and plant something in!
Get out there and get painting!
Super easy and budget friendly gold rimmed terracotta pot DIY. Perfect for dorms, apartments, or livening up other small spaces. Continue reading
How is everyone today?! Yesterday I posted about the night light chandelier, go check it out!
I am on a low sodium diet to help with fluid retention from my Meniere’s disease. This can make food to eat hard to find on a college kid’s budget. I really enjoy a nice tuna melt, so here is my tuna salad hack!
Low Sodium Tuna Salad
-Light tuna in water (1 can)
-Tarter Sauce (2 Tablespoons)
Drain your tuna and put in a bowl for mixing!
Now this can be the tricky part! When you choose your tarter sauce pay close attention to the sodium and serving size. I am using Kraft as an example! The tarter sauce I have came from the dollar tree and it had 140mg per 2 tablespoons.
Make a melt, eat on crackers, make a sandwich! Eat it up!
Okay so you may be thinking this is gross, Mae you’ve gone crazy! I’m not, its good, I enjoy it; my mom got me to try it. It substitutes for mayo and relish saving you on sodium intake.
If you guys do try it out let me know if you liked it or not!
Thanks for stopping by! Keep stopping by to see what’s new!
Keep it crafty out there guys!
DIY Flower Mirror
(Shhhh! Its made from Dollar Store Items!)
Hello there my college companions!
Today I am going to show you how to make a fabulous flower mirror (made from plastic spoons!). I know that you may be almost a month into college like me, or you may have started like a week ago! Either way, if you are like me I am always hunting, scouring for that magical piece that makes a room whole, or adds a little touch of personality to the sad bland dorm. This mirror is made all from either recycled, or dollar store items! Yes you heard me right ladies.
Project Level: Freshmen (Easy)
Time needed: Saturday afternoon worthy
Cost: Aprox. $3.00
What you will need:
- Plastic Spoons (Clear works best!)
- Spray Paint (Any color, just make sure it is okay for plastic!)
- Hot glue
- Hot glue gun
- Scrap of ribbon
- Cardboard (An unwanted box works really well!)
- The perfect place to hang it!
- Gather your materials. I got most of my materials at the local Dollar Tree, I already had my glue gun, left over spray paint, an old box, and scrap ribbon. But if you do not have those items do not fret! They can be easily obtained for almost nothing.
- Cut your old box (cardboard) into a circle. My circle was not perfect, it doesnt have to be perfect, just cut it to the aproximate sie you want your flower to be. My circle is about 14 inches in diameter.
- Now that your circle is cut it is time to relieve some of that weekly stress! Its time to break some spoons! I found it easiest to break them by holding the spoon over a like a scrap of cardboard bowl part facing down, and to apply pressure to the neck of the spoon, so it breaks leaving you the bowl and some of the handle. I found this way makes it easier to get a clean break. Dont worry if yous snap a few of the bowls during this part. You should have plenty of left overs.
- Time to glue those spoons! Start around the outer edge and work inward. Be sure to leave a space for your mirror to fit!
- Now that your spoons are all glued you should have a clear flower. Time to take that bad boy outside to spray down! Just try to give it a nice even coat trying to hide the cardboard and avoid getting little paint pools in your spoons.
- Let dry!
- Once your flower has completely dried take it inside and hot glue your mirror to the center. It is starting to look pretty awesome by now.
- Cut or grab a scrap of ribbon. Flip your flower over and hot glue the ribbon in a loop shape on the cardboard where you want the hook to be when you hang it.
9. Admire your amazing handy work, and hang it on your wall for all your roommates, Sorority Sisters, friends, and random bystanders to ooo and ahh at.
There you have it! If anything is unclear or you need another explanation shoot me comment, or check out http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/spoon-mirror-tutoria/ .
Keeping you fabulous for less!
Part of being DIY chic is taking every objects and transforming them into amazing creations with a few craft supplies and a ton of imagination!
I am a college student just like you, so I am busy as well, I will try to post as often as possible.
Here are upcoming posts:
– Fake Toms
– How to sew a button
– Fake designer necklace
So those are all exciting! I am probably most excited about them! Stay tuned!
I have just started this blog, so if you like it tell your friends, your roommate, your whole floor even! I will be making a flyer soon, you can print it and post it on your floor or building if you want to be a friend!
Download the flyer below and post it wherever you please!
I will have a follow button up ASAP! Don’t forget to follow me!
This post is dedicated to my late Uncle Bugsy.
Over the course of 2 weeks I have seen injustice, sadness, grief, joy, life, misery, and death. All teaching me more in 2 weeks than I have in years. Because a week ago today i lost my uncle bugsy. One of the greatest people you would ever meet. He died of a massive heart attack that made him suffer for a week exactly.
Now I am a girl of structure, neatness, organization, some may refer to me as anal. But I like to be on top of things, even ahead of the game. I am also feisty. Leading me to be a often stressed out and anxiety girl. Losing him changed all of this.
People lose loved ones everyday. I am not asking for pity, but what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Out of every bad situation there is good. This is my good.
Some of what I am about to say you may already know and live by. However they are now engrained into my very being.
1. Trust your gut. Even if you are told otherwise.
2. Always go to the doctor. Don’t lie around for days. Cause you may not have many more.
3. Whatever is stressing you out will be there long after you are gone. It can wait.
4. If you don’t work you aren’t worth the powder to blow you up.
5. Know your family’s medical history. With that history do research. Find out what steps to take to avoid it.
6. Seize each day. It could be your last.
7. Let go of upsetting emotions; such as road rage, holding grudges, etc. it’s over and done, no amount of yelling or crying will change that.
8. Don’t cry because it is over, smile because it happened.
9. Be proud of who you are.
10. Never take it for granted. You never realize how valuable it is till it is gone.
11. Protect your siblings, someday they may be all you have.
12. Use manners.
13. Always, always, always, make yourself happy above all else. You only get one go at life. Make it count.
14. Always say I love you.
There it is. The end.
Thanks for reading and remember to check out my get featured contest over on DA.
If you have a life lesson share it below. And or you have a funny story of how you learned this lesson share it as well. We always love a good laugh at others expense. 🙂